Monday 19 May 2014

LIZ ROSENFIELD AT THE MIDDLEWICH LITERARY FESTIVAL 2014 (ARCHIVED)

ARCHIVED (2014)

Photo: Liz Rosenfield


I have been asked to join the Read-athon at the Literary Festival in Middlewich Library on  Saturday starting at 11.15!
I am delighted to have been asked, having spent many hours reading to and encouraging kids to read, and  I am very excited.
 Now what shall I read?
I am expecting children around and think my very favourite kids' poem of all times that I've been sharing all through the years of my teaching career has to be the wonderful 'Chocolate Cake.'  by Michael Rosen.

I love chocolate cake.
And when I was a boy
I loved it even more.

Sometimes we used to have it for tea
and Mum used to say,
'If there's any left over
you can have it to take to school
tomorrow to have at playtime.'
And the next day I would take it to school
wrapped up in tin foil
open it up at playtime
and sit in the corner of the playground
eating it,
you know how the icing on top
is all shiny and it cracks as you
bite into it,
and there's that other kind of icing in
the middle
and it sticks to your hands and you
can lick your fingers
and lick your lips
oh it's lovely.
yeah.


From Chocolate Cake' by Michael Rosen

Liz is also a talented folk singer, musician and promoter of folk events both in Middlewich and further afield. She is a former festival director of the Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival.




Note: The Read-a-thon takes place in Middlewich Library from 10am until 12 noon Various members of the community will be reading for 15 minutes from their favourite books.

Links:

LIZ ROSENFIELD ON FACEBOOK

CHESHIRE FOLK WEBSITE



No comments:

Post a Comment